At times users face many types of issues while they attempt to install any update through the Norton Live Update feature. Mac users often time face this Norton Live Update Error Mac and if you are encountering this error too, keep patience. It is really easy to resolve this error and after that, you can install the update of the Norton antivirus to keep your computer protected with Norton’s latest features. In the era where online threats are growing day-by-day, Norton tries to come up with every advanced feature that will ensure the end-to-end protection of your computer and personal data. The latest features and functionalities of Norton for Mac provide the users with total security from all kinds of phishing attacks. Sometimes the “LiveUpdate has failed to install some updates” error message occurs in Mac while trying to download the latest updates of Norton. We have given some helpful solutions here that you can try to resolve the issue in no time.
How to Resolve Norton Live Update Error Mac?
The problem is actually temporary and arises only when there is an issue with the Norton Live Update server. You can try to wait for at least 24 hours and try again to see if the issue persists or not and then try out the below-mentioned steps.
1. First, restart your Mac and when it starts again, log in with your administrator access
2. Next, you have to check out the virus definition date and for that, double-click on the Norton security icon from your desktop
3. Visit the main menu of the antivirus program and then click on security
4. Now visit the security status indicator section and from there, click on definitions
5. Now you can easily check for the dates of the virus
6. If the date has not passed 24 hours, then wait for it. Try to run the Live Update when it completes one day. But if the virus definition is more than 24 hours, you have to use Intelligent Updater to update your virus definition
7. You can open the Intelligent Updater official page from their official website If you are not using Mac but using Windows OS, then you can click on the first file name on the list that you can find under Filename. The name will start with the year and will end with v5i32.exe. You can try to save the file on your desktop and then double-click on the file again to run the Norton Live Update again. Hope this resolves
the Norton Live Update Error Mac.
Still Confused with Norton Live Update Failed?
The solution methods we have mentioned in this post will help you in fixing the Norton Live Update not working error in a couple of seconds. However, in some cases, users still face the Norton Live Update taking forever issue. In that case, our Norton technical support helpline number +1-844-947-4746 is open 24/7. If you need any help with your Norton Live Update on Mac, please give us a call.